Duties and Responsibilities
The position holder shall report to Corporation Secretary & Head of Legal Services and assist in handling of Board of Directors and all legal matters, including
- Rendering legal advice to the organization on legal aspects of transactions, statutory compliance requirements and on legal rights and obligations.
- Assisting in management and coordination of organization court cases.
- Assisting in dealing with NMK land, conveyancing and pension matters.
- Assisting in drafting, vetting and reviewing of contracts, MoUs and other legal instruments between NMK and other parties; drafting gazette notices in liaison with the parent ministry and Attorney General’s Chambers.
- Assisting with Board secretariat duties.
Requirements for Appointment
- Be in possession of a Bachelors of Law Degree
- Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court with a current practicing certificate
- Have a minimum of three years continuous work experience in a busy legal firm, company or corporation one of which must be post bar experience.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake legal research to find authoritative and relevant legal information on diverse areas of law
- Analytical and judgmental skills sufficient to anticipate regulatory and legal risks vi. Computer proficiency vii. Ability to work with integrity, confidentiality and work with minimum supervision.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable based on output and mutual agreement.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of referees. The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
so as to be received not later than 21 st August, 2020.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
“NMK is an equal opportunities employer.”