Duties and Responsibilities
The position holder shall report to Corporation Secretary and Head of Legal Services and the duties will incorporate the following:
- Bring up of files, updating court diaries and monitoring court calendars and legal deadlines for the Legal Department;
- Drafting work plans for litigation and doing paralegal work that is required in the file;
- Planning all paralegal work through prioritizing all important matters and what need more attention;
- Opening and management of department files to include archiving, retrieval, movement and file closing;
- Maintaining the register of contracts and agreements
- Obtaining the daily cause list for matters coming up in court;
- Examining documents to enhance their accuracy and completeness before registration, filing service e.g case numbers, dates, commissioning etc;
- Where necessary follow up on filing pleadings at various court registries; service of summons and pleadings; fixing of hearings dates for litigation matters; extracting and/or preparation of court orders, decrees etc;
- Attending the various registries including land registries, company registries, city hall etc for purposes of executing department assignments including lodging of documents for registration, assessment for stamp duty, stamping and undertaking all necessary procedures;
- Delivery and collection of sensitive legal documents for the departments to and from the required destination.
- Assisting the Legal Secretary to arrange documents for Board meetings.
Requirements for Appointment
- Have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C(minus)or its equivalent with at least two (2) years general clerical experience;
- Have a Diploma in law or its equivalent; and Computer proficiency
- Ability to work with integrity, confidentiality and minimum supervision.
Terms of service: Three (3) years contract renewable based on output and mutual agreement.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of referees. The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
so as to be received not later than 21 st August, 2020.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
“NMK is an equal opportunities employer.”