Reporting to Director General and working in collaboration with other directorates, the position holder shall contribute to the formulation and implementation of overall NMK Research policies and strategic planning.
- Implementation and co-ordination of the programmes and activities of a large multi-disciplinary research team and advising the Director General on their progress;
- Monitoring performance and evaluating staff and team working in the Directorate;
- Administering and allocating resources from the Directorate’s budgets to departments, and overseeing expenditure;
- Promoting National/international institutional partnership with relevant research institution, government departments and stakeholders;
- Ensuring effective internal communication flow of information within the Directorate and with other Directorates.
The officer will also be required to: – liaise with collaborating institutions, and local and international donor agencies on research issues; planning and control human, financial and material resources; represent the Directorate in top management meetings; and liaise with Director of HR and Administration for effective staffing and staff development. The position holder will moreover perform any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time.
The applicant must:
- Have served in the grade of Senior Research Scientist or an equivalent position in a
reputable research organization for at least five (5) years
- Be in possession of a relevant PhD Degree
- Have published at least seven (7) scientific articles in peer review scientific journals as a
- Have demonstrated success in generating research funds for the specified area of study of
not less than $ 200,000
- Have organized of at least seven (7) seminars and workshops
- Have shown exemplary administrative and leadership capabilities.
Salary and benefits attached to the position:
Basic salary scale: 147,907-220,142; entry scale 147,907
Outpatient medical allowance: 2,500
Leave allowance: 15,000
House allowance: 60,000
Commuter allowance: 16,000
Entertainment allowance: 8,000
Responsibility allowance: 15,000
Inpatient medical: The position holder will be entitled to inpatient medical benefits as per the existing inpatient medical scheme to cover him/her, the spouse and four children under the age of 25 years.
Duty station: The Director Institute of Primate Research will be based at Karen in Nairobi
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract renewable once subject to performance.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, certified copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of 3 referees (including their telephone contacts and emails). The applications should be addressed to: Director General, National Museums of Kenya, P.O. Box 40658-00100, Nairobi, Kenya so as to be received not later than 16th April, 2021.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
“NMK is an equal opportunities employer”.