Nairobi Gallery

Historical Background

Located at the intersection of Kenyatta Avenue/ Uhuru Highway in the heart of Nairobi City is the Nairobi Gallery.

Built in 1913, this was the Old PC’s office building fondly referred to as ‘Hatches, Matches and Dispatches’ because of the births, marriages and deaths that were recorded here.

Today, the building is a National Monument and serves as a museum holding temporary art exhibitions.

Nairobi Gallery (Former Old PCs Office)
The Murumbi Collection exhibition is currently going on at the Nairobi Gallery, download the Murumbi Collection Brochure
Download Nairobi Gallery Brochure
For more information contact:
The Curator,
Nairobi Gallery
P.O.Box 40658- 00100, Nairobi.
Tel: +254-020- 2216566
Email:  curator.oldpc@museums.or.ke